To create individualized 3D objects, HoloBuilder allows to add custom textures to different pre-defined 3D objects and place them into your HoloBuilder project.
1 Select a shape to add the texture
Customized 3D objects can be inserted into any existing or new project. In the panel on the right, select the tab to show the different object categories. Select the section ‘Textured Shapes‘. Find a selection of five pre-defined 3D objects that you can add to your scene with a single click:
The currently available shapes:
- Box: Use this shape, e.g. for designing a room when adding a backside texture only. Find out more below about how to do this.
- Sphere: Add e.g. a 360° photosphere as texture to the sphere shaped object. Zoom in or out to get a spherical perspective.
- Square: It is similar to a two-dimensional picture but rotatable in space.
- Cone: Has no special use case.
- Tube: This shape is useful for displaying panorama pictures that are not full spherical. If you select them as a texture and place the camera within it, users can look around in your panorama picture that does not contain the top and bottom area.
2 Apply a texture
After you chose a shape, add a texture to customize it. Add any image you like to the 3D shape to cover it as texture. Click “Select File” to open a file browser window where you can select an image file (JPG/JPEG- or PNG-file) on your computer or drag and drop a file directly into the highlighted area.
- Transparencies in images: It is possible to add PNG-images with transparency as a texture, e.g. to create a circular icon with the square shape.
- Application side: In the dialogue, you can furthermore decide where the texture shall be placed on the object depending on its shape. For example, it can be drawn on the front (“front side”), the back (“back side”) or cover the whole shape (“double side”).
Click on CONTINUE to place the custom textured 3D shape into the scene. Move, rotate, and scale the object as usual. Learn more about moving an object here. See an example below.
If you have any further questions or encounter any problems, please do not hesitate to reach out anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org.